Backup power supply
APS-1012 is a backup power supply with high output current of 10 A. It is designed to power devices operating at 12 V DC voltage, included in alarm systems and access control systems.
The high-efficiency switching power supply, which is used in its construction, provides good power performance with low thermal losses. Due to the direct supply from 230 V AC mains, the device does not require installation of any additional network transformer. APS-1012 is provided with overheating, short circuit and overload protection. Additionally, it has a noise filter on the input as well as power correction circuit.
The power supply housing can accommodate two 17 Ah gel lead-acid batteries, which are connected in parallel and thus ensure long operating time in case of power outage. Microprocessor-based battery charge testing, precise voltage regulation and automatic disconnection in case of excessive discharge are used to ensure good condition of the batteries and extend their service life, reducing the risk of damage.
The power supply is provided with a tamper switch. Four LEDs are used to indicate presence of mains power, battery status and trouble due to overheating or output overload. In addition, the latter two types of events are also signaled audibly. The alarm system is notified about troubles owing to four OC type outputs. Changes in their status provide information about excessive operating temperature, battery voltage drop below the permissible level, output overload or mains power loss.
The APS-1012 power supply complies with the EN 50131-6 security requirements for Grade 2.
- EN50131-6 Grade 2 compliant
- high efficiency mains powered switching mode power supply with 12 V DC output
- 10 A power supply capacity
- short circuit, overload and overheat protection
- desgined for use with sealed lead-acid batteries
- current controlled battery charging circuit
- battery deep discharge protection
- 4 OC outputs for remote supervision
- optical indication for mains, battery, overload and overheating status
- acoustic failure indication