Backup power supply
APS-524 is a backup power supply with high output current of 5 A. It is designed to power devices operating at 24 V DC voltage, included in alarm systems, access control systems, or CCTV systems.
The high-efficiency switching power supply, which is used in its construction, provides good power performance with low thermal losses. Owing to the direct supply from 230 V AC mains, the device does not require installation of any additional network transformer. APS-524 is provided with overheating, short circuit and overload protection. Additionally, it has the input noise filter and power correction circuit.
Metal housing of the power supply can accommodate two 17 Ah gel lead-acid batteries, which are connected in parallel and thus ensure long operating time in case of mains power loss. Microprocessor-based battery charge testing, precise voltage regulation and automatic disconnection in the event of excessive discharge are used to ensure good condition of the batteries and extend their service life, reducing the risk of damage.
The power supply is provided with a tamper switch. Four LEDs are used to indicate presence of mains power, battery status and trouble occurrence due to overheating or output overload. The troubles, if any, are also signaled acoustically. The alarm system is notified about troubles owing to four OC type outputs. Changes in their status provide information about excessive operating temperature, battery voltage drop below the permissible level, output overload or mains power loss.
- high efficiency mains powered switching mode power supply with 24 V DC output
- 5 A power supply capacity
- short circuit, overload and overheat protection
- desgined for use with sealed lead-acid batteries
- current controlled battery charging circuit
- battery deep discharge protection
- 4 OC outputs for remote supervision
- optical indication for mains, battery, overload and overheating status
- acoustic failure indication